A year in review



Well it is only a week until 2016 is over and with the festive season only 2 days away i would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year.

2016 has been a roller coaster of highs and lows, but mostly highs.

In June i decided to change my Facebook page from Natasha's Crochet Creations to Buttonnose Designs. Then in November i tweaked the name to Buttonnose Crochet, so there were no confusion to what my name represents.

Buttonnose comes from a nick name i gave my daughter when she was born. She had a cute little button nose, just like me. 10 years ago she was the miracle that entered my life, not knowing what struggle it would be to conceive in years to come. She is my strength and pillar. Loving a child is endless, especially when they become your miracle baby. I do have hopes to have another child without IVF but i have a 5 to 20% chance of that happening. In the meantime, i cherish every moment i have with my daughter.

Buttonnose Crochet Original Designs

This year i designed 7 patterns! Seriously how did i do it? I don't set out to specifically design, so 7 in 1 year is pretty amazing for my 2nd year of designing.

The design that i feel very proud of was Eves Journey. I designed this square the week of my late grandmothers birthday, in September. While creating this square, i started to remember the times i had with grandma. I cried. I laughed. I felt proud to be her granddaughter. I released Eves Journey as a crochet along, and seeing peoples reactions to this deep and meaningful design was amazing and i thank you all for your words of encouragement and sincerity.

This year i have completed projects (for those that don't know i am a serial frogger- someone that rips out a project 3/4 the way through to start again), Learned how to knit and recently i dyed my own yarn. Below i have included a small snippet of what 2016 looked like for me. If you would like to see more, you can follow me on Instagram or my Facebook page.

Angel Wing Shawl CAL by Sue Pinner - Current WIP

Shoop the African Flower Sheep - Paid pattern from Hedi Bears

Scrappy Weekender blanket - Pattern by Cherry Heart

Seaside Winter Blanket CAL- pattern by Zooty owl 

Recently dyed my own yarn - Blog post HERE


Almost there on my nephews blanket. After a million froggings and changes of colour i am almost done 12mths later.

My first completed knit project - pattern and yarn by Homelea Lass

Ripe Wheat doily made for my mum for Mothers Day

Piha Shawl made with Scheepjes Stonewashed - Paid Pattern by The little Bee

Majura Shawl made with Scheepjes Secret garden and Colour Crafter - Paid pattern from Addydae Designs

My Soulful Yarn school project using Homelea Lass's Homelea Bliss Yarn 

2 doilies made for a lovely customer - Star center Doily

A little Lady Bug dress for my niece - pattern is from Simply Crochet Magazine, Designer  Frank and Olive

*ahem* my Carousel blanket - so far. I really need to finish this rainbow of delight. A crochet along by Sue pinner 

Sunday Shawl - Paid pattern by The little Bee (link above in previous pic)

Mini Moods of Change floor mat for my daughter - mini MOC is free, designed my Frank O'Randle

Dragonfly Blanket made for a customer - I used Stylecraft Special DK in Lavender, sherbet and clemitis

C2C blanket for a customer - I used Stylecraft Special DK in Empire, grass green and white


Once again i would like to thank you all for your support in 2016 and i look forward to sharing more designs and colourful crochet and knit makes in 2017. I wish you Health and happiness as we enter a new year.

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year


Natasha

Buttonnose Crochet

Comments