Eves Secret Garden Roundup

Wow! Thank you everyone that participated in Eves Secret Garden CAL. I did not expect the excitement over this crochet along, and i am so appreciative of all of your kind comments about how the pattern is written.




This pattern was created by a simple idea, combining Eves journey with my favourite book as a child, The Secret Garden. Originally it was going to be one whole blanket, with different stitches as the blanket grew, but then i got the idea i wanted to include my Aunties and mum in the design ( i do apologise for not including my uncle, but this was more for the woman in my life and how they influenced me)

The design consists of Eve (my late grandmother), Pam (my Auntie that can crochet), Lynda (my mum) and Janelle (my other aunty).

The pattern can be made in aran/#4/10ply or dk/#3/8ply, but your more than welcome to make it in fingering/#2/4ply if you like.

There are 4 sizes you can make, consisting of the following squares:

Small square - 1 x Eve, 4 x Pam, 4 x Lynda and 4 x Eve

Large Square - 4 x Eve, 7 x Pam, 7 x Lynda and 6 x Janelle

Small Rectangle - 1 x Eve, 6 x Pam, 8 x Lynda, 6 x Janelle

Large Rectangle - 6 x Eve, 8 x Pam, 8 x Lynda, 8 x Janelle

Yarn usage all depends on what weight yarn, brand and tension. For my blue small square blanket above, I used Stylecraft Aran, using 200g of cream, 200g of cloud blue, 200g of teal, 100g of lavender, 100g of aster, 100g of Aspen and 50g of camel (950g/1900m)

Depending on what weight yarn you use and layout, you can make a small baby blanket to a large lap blanket.

I am loving the colour combinations people are using. Some have followed the colours i have used and some have their own colour combinations.

Now that the CAL is complete, there are some amazing blankets being posted in my Facebook group

How amazing is Lynette's blankets. She did not make 1 but 2  of the small square version with border option 3! What amazing work. Best part she is donating these to Sixty million trebles, a charity helping refugees.


I would like to thank everyone that has made this blanket. It has been so enjoyable to design and share this pattern with you.

If you would like to grab your own copy of this blanket pop on over to Ravelry. The individual patterns are free within the CAL group. 

I look forward to hosting more CALs of my designs. I have another planned for June, so if you wish to join keep an eye on my Facebook page or in the CAL group.

Natasha

Buttonnose Crochet


Comments

  1. Hi and greetings from Denmark,
    I have finished the squares that I want for my Eve's Secret Garden and would like to know which joining method and stiches you used in the model photo with the greenish joining stitches please?
    Thank you for a beautiful design.
    Best, Winnie
    And good luck with the wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment