New design Announcement

I have some exciting news to share with you all!!

I am getting Married next year 😁

I have been engaged to my amazing partner for 4 years and finally, after a couple of years have made a date for our wedding. We are hoping to have a relaxed wedding, something small and cosy. We are hoping April next year, so fingers crossed we can get everything booked soon so we have a date set in stone.

Almost 2 years ago i designed the Ocean of Love wrap for me to wear for my wedding. I absolutely love this wrap. It can be worn so many different ways. It is a great pattern to work up for gifts too.

Then i designed a shawl for my best friend to ask her to be my Maid of Honour. I never wrote down the pattern, because back then i did not feel it worthy enough to publish. I made the shawl in Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable - Dragonfly. I used 3 skeins to make a shawl big enough for my best friend to wrap herself up in.




Now that we have decided on a time frame that we want to get married, i got thinking that i should write my Maid of Honour pattern up. Then everything snowballed from there. As any designer will tell you, once you get 1 idea, 10 will follow, and that is exactly what happened.

Last month i re made the Maid of Honour shawl, with a few adjustments to the border. I used a cake of Wolltraum 200g in Wild horses. This yarn is a 4ply/ fingering / #1 weight yarn. I wanted the shawl to have a nice drape so i used a bigger hook than recommend. 

And here is the result...


I am in love with this shawl. I may also have a slight obsession with mustard too.

I am so excited to be releasing this pattern soon because i have another 3 patterns to form a wedding series. The other patterns i am planning are for the flower girl, mother of the Bride and the Bride. Once all 4 patterns have been released i plan to add these patterns as an optional E-Book on Ravelry for a discounted price.

As you can see, the idea of re making 1 shawl has turned into 4 designs. 

Maid of Honour will be the crochet along in the Buttonnose Crochet CAL group for June 2017.

Estimate release date will be end of May.

Until next time

Natasha

Buttonnose Crochet



Comments